Tuesday, October 04, 2016

Okay, I'm really bumming about it all.  Must shake it off.  I couldn't help but think about a couple of things last night:

1).  It's now been over 6 months since I started the top to bottom scrub down of every wall, ceiling, and item in my house.  Enough time has passed that I need to start all over again at this point.
2).  I've easily put over 6 grand into the house this year that I'm not going to get back.  If anything, some of that work will also need redone (staining deck, etc etc).

This one isn't a new thought:  I also need to haul everything back out of my Favorite Egg's place across town before freezing temps come, so I need to figure out  where on earth all of those boxes are going to go. They will do nothing but make whatever space they go into look smaller and cluttered, so they'll be another strike against me.

In my zip code there are over 120 houses on the market. If you look at historical information on Zillow, do you know how many sold in the past 30 days?  1.  ONE HOUSE.  90 days?  7.  -- and this was a "the best year they've had in 10 years".

More people are announcing they are leaving and I can't help but feel jealousy that their lives get to move forward while I tread water watching the ship sink in front of me.  I just can't focus.

No comments: