Monday, August 18, 2014

This weekend I took to the road once again, this time heading South to visit my Mithy and Addie.  The weather held for most all of my driving save a little shower, despite predictions otherwise on weather.com and my only complaint about the traffic was the turnpike, which I promptly avoided on the way back home.
 
We had a great visit.  It's hard to get quality time in when she comes home due to the demands on her schedule, so we were overdue to sit and chat.  We also ate a lot of delightful food, which puts me in a spot at the moment.  There was brisket, an amazing chicken parm, banana bread, ice cream, and home made 50/50.  Since I managed two days of that it's time for two days of high water, low calories, and major workouts to try to still hit my number for final weigh in on Tuesday.
 
I did head out on my first week three run last night.  It was 90 seconds running, 90 seconds walking, 3 minutes running, 3 minutes walking - times two, but I stepped it up and repeated three times.  I made it without too much difficulty at the time and my legs don't feel like rubber today, but an hour or so after I was home and showered I felt it - in my lungs.  Slight difficulty breathing, cough, and coppery taste in my mouth.  Yay.  This is something I often experienced in my major out of shape moments when I had to vigorously chase after a dog, but it has me concerned.  There are much larger workouts on the horizon.  So the question is, do I contact the doctor to get assessed for exercise induced asthma.  I have to wonder if this is another great gift received from being the child raised in a home w/ two smoking parents.

No comments: