Wednesday, August 13, 2014

Headed out early yesterday to go to the Chevelle concert in Pittsburgh at Stage AE with my favorite Egg.  Neither of us had high expectations for the opening act, Dayshell, after listening a bit on Amazon.  The vocals were just drowned out and they were rather unentertaining.  Chevelle on the other hand, at least in my opinion, sounded pretty good.  They interacted a bit but nothing will ever be like a Type O show again.  I miss the corny humor, dodging wine bottles, the requisite toilet paper fight, and the fake snow falling.
 
I remain incredibly puzzled as to how anyone lives/works in the burgh.  It took me 2 1/2 hours to get to the venue thanks to being stopped for quite a while just trying to get on the last 5 mile stretch.  Fortunately, the one thing that makes the burgh better than New Jersey, it was easy to get out.  I made it home in 1 1/2 hours, that's an epic speed run thanks to the weather, traffic, and lights cooperating.  I did hit one patch of heavy rain on the way in, just before 376.  Since it was suppose to rain all afternoon and evening, I'm content.

No comments: