Sunday, July 20, 2014

I made my weigh in last night (thank goodness and only by a half a lb) despite ham, potato salad, and other bloating compounds that we ate at the family reunion.  The rain did give us a break other than a small sprinkle later in the day, so it was more pleasant than anticipated.  I'll account that to the fact that after we returned to my Mum's place my nephew (brother's son) arrived to town.  I haven't seen N since he was maybe a pre-teen, and he's only a couple of years younger than me.  Most excellent to see him and to know that he got to see his Gram.

Now I wait to see how many people did not make their weigh ins and see how much above my original bet I get back. I did give myself a 2 day reprieve between this and my next diet bet, which I'll do the same 4% in 4 weeks deal.  Which is really good since I now have kiddo back and we had some foodie activities today.  After church I had to head to Denny's to get my free birthday slam.  Then to Davey Ts for his cookout/croquet tourney, which included a couple of drinks and other delightful food.  I mentioned a while back on the whole "someone they wanted me to meet", and I was a bit worried they would be there... they were, but I skirted that situation thanks to the fact that they're in the same boat *laugh*

Then... we had to go for a real dinner for my birthday, and I picked Red Fishy.  Of course, half of my meal and salad is in the fridge for tomorrow's lunch, so bonus, right?  I would have made it even worse as it's not all that often you can score a funnel cake at a church festival, so off to St Benny's we went, but the funnel cake was done already. *sigh*  That's okay because Dani won me $25 on a $1 bet on the bingo pull tabs and a cute little round stuffed siberian.  Now if the birthday luck would last and I'd win the 50/50 that would be super!

Do I really have to go back to work tomorrow?

No comments: