Wednesday, May 28, 2014

I know when you have an 11 year old vehicle you should expect that it won't pass inspection, but it still stresses me out.  Fortunately, I'm proactive, so I have plenty of time to get the repairs made and finish the inspection.  The Durango has a hole in the frame thanks to the crap they spray around here in the winters.  It is slowly eating my entire freaking vehicle.  The place I go doesn't do this type of work, so I'll need to lose more time from work taking it somewhere else to get that work done (probably drop $500-1000) and then another day of lost time to get it back to my shop to finish the inspection.

Best piece of this today is that they didn't have time to get the stuff done that they can do there on site (smaller things), so I didn't get my vehicle back tonight.  I'm blessed that I have a second vehicle, but it was at home.  So, I walked home today - yay.  FYI the 5-10 min drive to work takes 35-40 min to walk.  It was fine, I can at least say I did get my walk in today, but it does suck that it's along busy roads without sidewalks.

I did get home in time to get to the chiropractor appointment, which I held off the next appointment for a month since I don't know how much it's going to run.  I was anticipating around $50 for the initial trip based on what a friend/coworker stated, but right now I see requests for $140 for that first trip waiting to process on my health insurance.  Remember, I have high deductible, so chances are they'll get me a bit of a discount, but I doubt it will be a $90 discount, and I get to pay the rest.

I'm shaking it off, it's still less than several car payments for a new car, right?

Tonight was another swim with the youth group, this one with a fire and smores (yay!)  Much like last week we should have had thunderstorms but ended up blessed with beautiful weather for the evening.

No comments: