Sunday, April 27, 2014

Guess what I had for dinner tonight?  Yep... and it was delightful.  I'm a bit tired today as this young man is a pleasure to chat with, so I was up a bit later than normal last evening and up early this morning to make sure he had a hardy breakfast before taking back to the road.

My church (Oakland United Methodist) had a single, unified service this morning at 10am.  While the service was a bit shorter than normal we then had a congregation meeting regarding our building project.  I'm excited to say that as I drove there I thought I knew what option I was voting for but I and seemingly quite a few others shifted our views and we decided to take a deeper leap of faith.  We are growing and if you are here in Johnstown and seeking a place to call home, we want you to come grow with us.  I know it's creepy that I'm advertising us, and I probably don't need to as we just seem to have people crawling out of the woodwork week after week, but I do believe in the presence we have and the blessing that is coming and would love to share that with more of my friends.  After the vote we had a ground breaking under a beautiful bright sun.

Later in the afternoon I realized I needed to get on top of a Mother's Day gift as it is approaching quickly.  I know what I wanted to do, so I had to hit TJ Maxx/Ross and see if I could find part of it or if I needed to order (and pay more) online.  I did find exactly what I had in mind, which I wasn't seeing on Amazon in a cursory search, and I loved the price.  Now to get the last components and put'r together.

After I headed to the theatre to see Heaven is for Real.  I think they did a pretty good job following along with the book, which I really enjoyed a year and a half ago while on a cruise.  I'm choosing to believe it just so I can hold on to the idea of all of those animals being there.  I do plan on seeing my girls again!

No comments: