Thursday, January 30, 2014

Talk about 24 hours of good scores for dog food.  Recently I peeked at my Petco account and see that they forced me into their newer version of the Pals program, which is rather disappointing since a while back they sent information offering to change over but said we could stay with the current deal, which was buy 10 bags of dog food get 1 free.  Let's do that math with approx. $40 a bag that's $40 free for every $400 spent.  Their new "deal" is spend $100 and get a $5 gift card, well folks, that's half as much.  Boo.
 
To top it off the bags I had accumulated towards my 10 were gone gone gone.  So I emailed and expressed my displeasure.  Ask Rex, there is nothing better than a strongly worded letter.  In the mean time I decided to do a search to see where I could potentially get the same or better prices on the food ordering online because I am just that displeased with the change.  I find wag.com has the food at comparable prices w/ free shipping options - score.  Then I see they have a type of Iams food that is preservative free a new "flavor" for the girls - yay.  Oh, and it's on sale - double yay!  And, the 20% off your first food order coupon stacked - triple YAY!!  So, I ordered 3 bags to hopefully hold us over until Big Lots gets more Iams bags (fingers crossed).
 
Then I get an email from Petco that they're going to issue 4 of the $5 cards because of the bags I had accrued.  Score, that's half a bag free.  Then I get an email from Discover card, turns out wag.com was one of their "Extras", so they're giving me $5 back.
 
Oh and the food from wag.com, according to tracking it will be here today.  Holy man that's fast, I just ordered it yesterday at lunch time.

No comments: