Monday, November 04, 2013

While it did cool down quickly over the weekend it was still sunny and the skies were blue, so I figured I would take advantage.  On Saturday I cleaned up the yard to prepare for winter.  The wildflowers are all out, the gladiolus bulbs are planted, and, most importantly, the evil hedges are trimmed back as to avoid them getting bent over with piles of snow.  My guy mowed too so it really looked polished at the end of the day.

Sunday after all of the church-type activities in the morning I headed to eat since Hoss was doing a fundraiser for a group.  While in line I started talking with a woman and her mother and, stepping out of my comfort zone I accepted an invitation to dine with them.  It was a lovely experience and I'm so pleased to have gotten to sit down and chat with them.  I definitely believe in destiny and I am working on learning to accept invitations and opportunities, so I'm glad I stepped up (for once).  This got me out on the road a little later than I would have otherwise gone, but I still managed to get out to a few cemeteries to hunt for graves of relatives.

First I headed to Carrolltown where I quickly realized there is only about 6 different last names that were prolific in the area and believe me, the Strittmatters were one of them.  I was able to walk straight up to some that I was seeking, which means I now have visited and photographed the graves of my GGGrandparents and GGGGrandparents.  I didn't find the other set of GGGGrandparents located here, but I will, don't worry.

I then headed to Loretto, and while it was starting to get dark quickly I did manage to find my great grandparent's Tomlinson, and a few other Illigs and Strittmatters, but I'm not sure where they tie in if at all at this point.  I also didn't find the GGGrandparents that are located here, yet.  At least now I know where the cemeteries are.

I look forward to the spring so I can take a ton more photos and log them in FindAGrave.  In the mean time I guess I'll have to focus on online hunting, because it's getting way too chilly out there way too fast.

No comments: