Saturday, August 03, 2013

I didn't get a ton accomplished today but it felt like quite the long day.  I had to be up right at 7 so Vixen's medicine was on time for her 11:15am blood draw.  Which, by the way, she put Satin's screams of torture to shame all because she didn't want to be restrained for the draw.  Nothing breaks my heart more than hearing one of them crying.

Prior to heading to the appointment the bug guy came.  Too much money later there is powder squirted at the entrances where we saw bees.  He believed it had to be two different hives.  Doesn't make a ton of sense since what I read said that yellow jackets wouldn't build anywhere near another hive of the same?

A few short hours later I headed to church to put in my hour volunteering as a greeter for the Block Party.  Not much greeting to do since it was the last hour of the event, so I helped tear down a little before I took off.

Back home for a while and desperate for human interaction I tried (unsuccessfully as normal) to lure someone (via facebook) into going to do something this evening.  With no prospects I decided to attempt to entertain myself.  I went and found a little grub at Perkins, ran through Aldi's to score a bit of fresh fruit at their hella good prices, and then did something I haven't done in years and years... I stopped to rent a movie.  I'll admit, I had a bit of apprehension.  I mean, what if I went in there and they didn't even have DVDs anymore.  I dunno, it's possible all would blu-ray now, right?  Fortunately Johnstown is a bit slow, so I was able to walk out with a disc.  I would have loved to snag Despicable Me (the first one), a comedy was what I really wanted, but their DVD copy was out.  Instead I snagged The Host.  Now, it's been a while since I finished reading this book, but I'm content with the movie.  Yeah, they dropped some pieces regarding the medicine and procedures that left me appreciating the book more, but it was a reasonably good way to pass my evening.

No comments: