Thursday, August 01, 2013

During my hunt for a rug for under the dining room table that I liked all I found that appealed were $600-1000, which is simply too expensive for my taste.  Imagine my surprise when I found one rug I had completely fallen for listed on Amazon for an incredibly lower price than anywhere else ($129 vs $699)!  Yes, it's technically suppose to be for a kid's room, but please... just because it's cute doesn't mean it's for kids.

I was showing a friend/coworker and mentioning I was considering purchasing this one when she noticed an error on the page.  The title read 8' x 10', but the description said it was 3' x 5'.  Saddened a bit I wrote the company that had it listed to point out the error and how disappointed I would have been had I ordered.  When I received the reply assuring me the rug was actually the larger size... I ordered, immediately.  Of course, I half expected the smaller rug to arrive or to get an email saying "I'm sorry, there has been an error".

Today, guess what came!  Yes, it really is the larger size.  I can't even believe it.  It's mine, all mine!  I quickly unrolled it under the table and pinned the corners to get them to stay down.  It's just lovely, and plush, and I couldn't be happier.  Yay for the dining room coming together!

On another note, I have quite the rash going on.  It's all over my right cheek, on both sides of my neck, and over one clavicle.  I also have little spots on my fingers popping back out (which a friend pointed out is probably eczema, which can be stress triggered), this time a whole cluster on my one thumb of itchy little sore bumps that if I didn't know better I'd think I had fleas.  Did I eat something new?  No.  Use a different soap or something?  No.  My allergy shot injection site isn't still puffed and sore, so it's not a reaction there.  Maybe it's stress.  Who knows.  Funny how different new oddities show up as you get older.

No comments: