Monday, June 03, 2013

I'm crazy.  I have just proven this once again.  I think the desire to launch spontaneously into a large project is a female tendency.  This is dangerous when you don't have an other half who says "no, no, no".  I think my ex disliked this about  me, heck, it didn't even have to be large projects, just necessary ones like raking leaves etc, because he felt obligated to help.  He even told me outright that he wished we hadn't bought a house and he just wanted to sit with his computer and not deal with lawns, repairs, and upgrades.

Anyhow, I digress.  Tonight I did what I've been longing to do for quite a while and lifted part of the carpet in the dining room to see what is underneath.  Guess what... main floor and stairs - wood.  To think shortly after we bought this place Satin tried to rip up the carpet!  We should have listened to the damn dog, she knew what she was doing.

Now, I think that the main floor will need sanded and refinished, but I do have some high hopes.  In the mean time I have a lot of staples and tack strips to remove.  If you have tips for removing tack strips without causing damage, particularly on the stairs, hook me up.  Tonight I finish with all of the carpet off of the stairs, a patch removed near the door and main window in the dining room, and 4/13 of the stairs staple free.  Where on earth am I going to move the furniture to in order to remove the rest of the carpet?  I have no idea.  This should be entertaining for the flies on the wall.

No comments: