Saturday, April 27, 2013

Yes, I kept going.  Why?  Because I had to... and the weather is definitely nice enough.  I gave in and bought tomato plants at Lowes, since Dorothy's appears to have vanished.  I snagged four small early girls, one husky cherry, one roma, and one black krim.  I know, it's still a bit early, but really... who waits until May 10th as per the suggestions for this area?  Last year my poor plants were just really kicking up when the weather started getting cold again, especially the peppers.  I almost wish I had a wee bit more room as I'd love to put in some peas and beets... and cukes, but I already know they don't do well in my garden area.

Anyhow, the plants are in w/ cages around them.  I forced myself to keep going and put in the butterfly bush I bought to replace the red hibiscuss which definitely died off over the winter, or at least I really think it did.  Sigh.  I so hate killing a plant that I'm not tossing it just yet, but putting it into a pot to see if I just didn't give it long enough to show a little green. I also put out seeds and then put down the new red mulch.  So the front is pretty much done at this point.

Laundry is done, heck it is even away already and the bed is remade!  I'm tired, but I think I'm going to run back out... I wish I could think of where I could get a properly done steak around here.  I'm as hungry as I am tired.

No comments: