Thursday, April 18, 2013

Last weekend I bagged up 3 trash bags full of raked up goodies, mostly shells from the chestnut tree out back.  Well, today, before my most wonderful lawn mowing guy came, I raked another one and a half.  Good glory.  I love how much the first mow of the season seems to tidy things.  I guess I need to hustle and get my mulch out front, I think I'm a bit behind on that this year as I usually do that before the daffodils and tulips bloom.

Once again it looks like I've lost a few of the perennials through the winter, nothing lives out there long.  But, on a bright note there are definitely greens popping up out back where I planted the garlic!  They're slowly creeping up out of the leaves I piled on there to offer a little protection from the cold.  I guess I need to get some tomato plants in soon too.

It really in spring - at last!  But do pardon me if I hesitate in taking the ivy back out front.  I managed to keep them alive all winter, I don't want to loose them now.

No comments: