Thursday, April 25, 2013

I came home itching for a nap, but I forced myself to get a jump start on the weekend and headed out back where I raked back the leaves from the garden area, turned the soil a little, and spread some food safe fertilizers to prep for tomatoes.  Unfortunately, I have no idea where Dorothy's Plants moved to, as they sure don't appear to be where they were last year.  That means the plants I found to be complete winners last year aren't going to be as easy to find.

While working out there I realized "oh yea!  That needs to go to spring cleaning too, I hadn't thought of that."  'That' being the old metal deck swing holder.  So, I hauled it out front.  Then I kept going.  Out went the old full box spring and mattress from the apartment (the dogs will be displeased tomorrow when they realize their bed is gone), an old cabinet, and other miscellanea from the basement and garage, the old plastic table that I've used on the deck, two tires, two old end tables that I was using in the spare bedroom, and some old tiles that were hidden behind the one furnace since before we bought the place.  The last item was accomplished with a bit of help from my tenant.  Yay for extra muscles!  I can't believe how much people took before I even got everything out there.  Hey, awesome, more room for more junk, right?

Anyhow, since I did WAY more than I planned I'm pleased with myself this evening.  I'm also really tired right now.  I'm pretty sure I'll be completely out before 10.

No comments: