Thursday, March 07, 2013

I've been fighting away the winter's end by making a few summery type foods... on Friday I spotted something that looked incredibly yummy on the back of a Tastefully Simple catalog at work.  Lo and behold, Aldi's had imitation crab meat in a pack, so I grabbed some thinking - watch, I won't have the other ingredients I need for what I saw.  Well, the gods smiled on me and I got lucky, so I whipped up a batch of crab salad (using their spinach and herb seasoning).  True to many "summer salads" it was okay when first made, and spectacular after sitting for a day or two.

So while consuming this at work early this week the discussion turned to broccoli salad.  Guess what else I had bought at Aldi's - broccoli!  So tonight I had the hankering, knowing full well I still had half a pack of bacon in the fridge and came home and got moving.  I just had my second helping and I know what's for lunch tomorrow, so win!

What should I make next?

No comments: