Saturday, March 30, 2013

I did it.  I went back.  1 1/2 hours later... I have a reminder of one of the negatives of the Catholic church.  Oy that was a long one.  Could have had 3 more readings if they weren't being nice.  Fortunately, there wasn't any baptisms and only one girl going through confirmation.

I rewarded myself w/ a quick long island and french fries at the Alibi since I had a little smiley moment thinking of going to church on Saturday evenings with my father when I was young.  We'd then often head straight to the Bavarian hall where I'd have french fries or onion rings (well,I'd eat the outside, not the onion) and he'd have a beer.  Mental note, if I ever have a rugrat, I need to remember to do something routine and so seemingly mundane that it might stick with them long after I'm gone.

No comments: