Saturday, January 05, 2013

The sun is out, but do not allow it to mislead you, it's still incredibly cold out there today (as it was yesterday).  I got out early yesterday thanks to banking up some time earlier in the week, made my way to Eburg for the first of the shockers for me where I completed my paperwork and left with a nice new ID, then back to the Jingle for a massage.  I would have gladly stayed home after that, perhaps crashing early, but ended up heading to meet the Schmou family for some sushi, another great start for the weekend.

So far today I haven't gotten much done, but I'm well into washing all of my bedding, which will inspire me to at least dust and vacuum in there to really make it feel fresh.  With the new year it's also time to change filters, so the furnaces are swapped, and one of the two humidifiers as well.  I really need to keep researching an air purifier, but it's so freaking difficult to assess and make a decision.  I wonder too if I should hold off until I can talk to my allergy doctor, perhaps for recommendations, but more so to get a letter recommending my purchase to give me the chance of it qualifying under my HSA.

Anyone have insight on air purifiers?  I'm looking for one that can eliminate dog odor (so potentially an on/off ozone option), no incessant filter replacements, good for allergies (so HEPA)... what else is there to consider?

No comments: