Thursday, January 31, 2013

God bless Amazon.  I ended up taking a chance on a teddy bear that I saw there that looked pretty darn cute, hoping it would be nice and soft.  Score!

I also ended up ordering new sneakers, running shoes that is, as I intend to give it a go this summer.  If I want to do a 5k (yes, I know how short that is, but it would be a huge achievement for me) before I turn 40 (yes, that is another one of those crazy goals I set for myself) I need to get on top of it.  The niecey-poo is training for a half marathon.  She's half my age, so I think that's kinda fair.

Oh, and to quote said niecey-poo, I also ordered something to country-fy myself - two pairs of boots.  I just couldn't decide based on looks, and I had a 20% coupon (free shipping both ways) so I figured what the heck.  I suspected I'd either hate them both or love them both.  I kinda got lucky... one pair is pretty comfy and fits decently.  The other is really cute looking, but they're HUGE, so back they go.  I'll admit the huge pair were definitely appealing as they were a dusty red and stand-outish, very me :) the others are black, so they'll go with a lot more, so I guess it worked out the way it needed to.  I didn't need to keep two pairs of expensive (by my standards) shoes.

I did start the computer hunt, which drives me crazy.  Already win8 everywhere.  Meh.  No progress on the air purifier front.  I'll stop for a shot again next week, so I'll see if it's ready then.  In the mean time, I did get the over the counter goodies they wanted me to obtain.  Given that it warmed back up for a few days and the humidity climbed I haven't needed it.  But, good ol' Johnstown, is back to freezing - literally - overnight, so I'll know quite soon how the stuff works.

No comments: