Monday, October 15, 2012

I had another great weekend.  Left around lunch time on Friday since my time was in.  This allowed it to feel like a 3 day weekend, which tends to be when I get the most done, so yay!  Of course, as proof that cleaning is evil and should be avoided I had two minor catastrophes in the process (one on Friday and the other on Sunday).
1).  The handle on my vacuum busted off.  Yep, snapped right off up by the switches.  I can still use it, but it's not very comfortable.  11 years (it was a wedding gift) and that thing still keeps up with fur from three dogs.  Needless to say I made a couple of calls and found a place that can order the part, so within 2 weeks it should be comfortably operable again.
2).  I knocked something over while dusting, which landed on a bottle of wine, busting off the top and allowing half a bottle of banana to pour out onto my dining room carpet.  FOR SHAME!  I know I should have pulled out the rug scrubber, but I didn't.  Maybe it will eat away at me until I do so tonight.  It's not in the best of spots to get the scrubber into without moving a bunch of heavier furniture either, go figure.
 
I also got the pepper plants out, some soil turned, and my first set of garlic (ever) planted out back.  I'm so excited to see how that goes next year.  I know it has only been one day, but so far Saffy hasn't dug everything back up.  I'm counting it as a win.  Visited with my sister and mum on Saturday, which meant I opted to skip out on my walk.  Yesterday's walk was abbreviated so I could get cleaned up in time to attend my first auction with a friend.  It was a bit long, but he scored a few things that he wanted and I felt good as I spotted some of the silver he got at a stellar price in the box!
 
Best part of the weekend?  Um, The Walking Dead started back up again last night!  *spoiler alert*  Carl is now allowed to run with them, so I guess I can't get irritated about him as much this season, but I still can hate on Lori.  Seriously, gross nasty prego belly with the belly button all sticking out.  Surely you can steal some loose clothes from somewhere.  I do hope it eats her alive on the way out, but I'm sure I can't get that lucky.
 
I've had a very itchy set of sinuses for the past few days.  I guess it's only the start of the misery that is winter and low humidity levels.  As it was down to 25% late last week in my cube I got on top of getting my two humidifiers out (for home use, since despite a doctors excuse I was forbidden to hae one at work to try and keep myself out of distress) and cleaned up.  Fortunately, we've had another (slight) spike upward in humidity so it's in the 40 range here at work today.  I guess for that reason alone I won't complain about waking to a wee bit of rain this morning.

No comments: