Saturday, March 03, 2012

I guess I should bring the world up to speed with everything else as well.  I called the doctor's office at 3 in the afternoon on Friday since it was becoming perilously late for me to actually get a call.  They did have my results back and the one set of levels they were looking at are, in fact, dropping, so that's good news.

I then note that I had left a message with the receptionist on Thursday when I picked up the orders asking about another test the doctor mentioned and asking what to do about the ongoing pain.  I mean, it did start last Saturday and has been hitting me in agonizing waves ever since.  The nurse tells me all of the doctors have left for the day and "I don't know what to tell you - go to the ER?"  She also asks if I have another type of doctor - which when I tell her that they blew me off, not wanting to see me last week, so I waited until my existing Tuesday appt w/ this doctor.  So once again I am left disappointed and in pain.

As soon as I hit the cold Friday morning on the way to and from work the pain intensified.  I pretty much went straight to bed last night, this time without any Tylenol, as one wave ended.  I was truly at wits end.  I am pretty tough, or at least I'd like to think so, but I had come to terms with the fact that if the pain overtook me again in the night I was going to head to the ER.  I had a few small twinges, but managed to sleep through the night.  Here it is dinner time Saturday and I'm still feeling pretty good.  Now, last week my Friday was pretty calm, but then Saturday things kicked back in.  So I am not trying to be negative, but I am not taking anything for granted just yet.  Fingers crossed this is behind me.

No comments: