Friday, February 24, 2012

Went to quite the yummy fish fry tonight w/ the Schmou crew.  All too often at those types of things the fish is greasy and not very tasty, so - win.

So, what was I cursing Eve for Thursday?  *disturbing warning - don't read further if you are going to respond saying TMI*  I debated not posting here about this, but I turn back to my own blog for so many time frame references and the like, so here you go.  Stop reading here if you so choose.

I've been pretty fortunate as a woman with regard to cramps and the heaviness of all that nastiness.  Some things have shifted for me since last summer.  Not sure if it's just me getting older, changes in medications, or other things, but I've become someone who cramps up quite a bit more even culminating in one morning of sheer nausea that has me running to the bathroom preparing to vomit (though gratefully, never coming to that) and a slightly longer and odder pattern to the whole event.

This month however things were drastically and inexplicably worse.  The cramps came in waves that kept sleep away most of Wednesday night into Thursday morning.  I woke tired and put the dogs out only to rush to the bathroom after gravity started to take effect to prevent quite a mess.  Here's where I'll censor a bit (can you imagine how this would read without censoring?):  well the mess kept coming and coming.  I got to the shower and had rivers of ongoing red.  With a bit of a bearing down with one of the cramp waves large clots made their appearances.

This continues... leading me to want to stop at the urgent care on the way to work.  Well guess what doesn't open til 9am.  Yeah, nice, right?  I can just wait and call the girlie doctor at 9.  Of course, there is lots of running to prevent a mess at work while waiting to call and then waiting for a call back.  One call back at 10 w/ questions, and then another call back at 11:40.  (Why did it take that long I want to know for one... I thought I may have needed an ER for God's sake, and yes, I was quite scared.)  They gave me some advice on how to alleviate things and didn't want to see me. I'm feeling better.  I managed to get the pain and issues to slow as the day progressed with the ibuprofen etc, but seriously what the hell just happened to my body?

No comments: