Tuesday, February 07, 2012

The past couple of nights I am coming to terms with the issues w/ this computer.  So, I started backing up things I should have backed up a long time ago.  Unfortunately, that is way more time consuming on this machine than it needs to be due to the freaking burner deciding to not want to give me my CD back and such, which requires a reboot each time, which takes WAY longer than it should to shut down and come back up.  Exciting couple of nights, huh?

Regardless, I have a majority of my photos now on CD, I just need to see what else also needs to go to shutterfly.  Then the other backups like tax files, business stuff, resumes, yadda yadda.  I also want to put each CD back in to verify the contents.  Anal?  Perhaps, but you really don't know this computer.  Maybe the fact that I'm making that backups will, in and of itself, make the machine live a little longer?  I really don't want to spend a chunk of my tax refund on a computer.

I haven't been back out to walk since Sunday, but I did get a slight burn to my shins from that walk, so that tells you how long it has been since I hoofed it.  By damn I get out of shape quick.

No comments: