Tuesday, December 27, 2011

I am glad to report that the dead Christmas tree was, in fact, due to a burned out bulb.  My tree was set on a timer to turn on every evening around 5 and back off again around 11.  This went off without a hitch until Christmas eve when the string of poinsetta bulbs also on the timer turned on but the tree did not.  Of course, in order to assess this the whole thing needed over turned, which means the ornaments all came off yesterday.  Either way, she's away with a new bulb and ready to rock next year.  I used my last day off to take everything else down and put it away.  Don't misconstrue this for the grinch overtaking my home... I just needed it out of the way so I can focus on my other tasks for the next week and a half.
 
I made some progress on my notes for the class this spring, but still have a couple of weeks to fully tackle, the ones that didn't have notes I could recycle in any way, so they'll be a bit more of a challenge.
 
Last night I also got to do a quick Christmas with Rex and head out for Orchard (again - but it was his choice, I can't deny him the Orchard).  It was heck of a wait for our food but it was yummy doing down, even if it did leave me feeling quite disturbed this morning in bed.  Meh.
 
I suspect I'll be trying to get into the swing all week at work.  I'm just mentally struggling with my current task.  Fingers crossed.  At least it should be pretty empty here, so I won't have as many people to distract me from my targets.  I'm ripping my new tunes first thing, so I'll have those to get me through (mind you I got 7 new CDs for Christmas!

No comments: