Saturday, September 03, 2011

It's Saturday morning, I'm already showered... now what. I have desires to go out shopping, but for what? I don't need anything and frankly, since I've cut back it's nice to see more money sitting in my checking account, I'd like to continue that. I should be cleaning, but it all seems futile sometimes. Dust this... no one but me sees it and then it needs dusted again in just a few short days.

I followed my new cooking ventures last night, so I don't even have that to do. With some of the goodies from my porch garden and some from my farm box I tried:
- Eggplant fritters: meh. They were a bit bitter. I think it's due to the baking soda they called for, but it was in the recipe, so... either way, wasn't impressed.
- Stuffed peppers: were pretty darn good. The yellow peppers from my plants went into something yummy and they didn't upset my stomach too much as a pile of green peppers probably would have. I'll accept this as a viable method to get ricotta cheese to my mouth since pasta needs to be an infrequent occurrence.
- Apple slaw: I had a coleslaw made with apples at a restaurant in MD with Rex a few months ago and it was so yummy. I'm completely at a loss when it comes to cooking with cabbage, so I hunted this recipe down and gave it a try. While I could still SMELL cabbage, which is not a favorite of mine, it was still pretty good, but not as good as the stuff from Union Jack's.

Since I left work a bit early yesterday due to having some hours built up the cooking was done early enough for me to head out to a movie. Since I really hate that they charge you extra for 3D movies, which rarely have anything that look 3D and force me to wear glasses, which I hate to do, I didn't hit the movie I think I would have enjoyed more. Instead I went to "Don't be afraid of the dark". I should know better than to go to remakes. It was watchable, but frankly not that great. The house was gorgeous, I'd love to have the tree/leaf windows and doors, but that's about that most appealing part. The little girl's acting was pretty bad, especially when she was being attacked. I don't quite get how they didn't kill her when they "had her" a couple of times there. I also get irritated with a movie when the people do not respond in a realistic manner to what is happening. Guess what, if I KNOW there are little fairy-troll things in my house, I'm gone yo. You also can't keep saying "every penny I have is in this house" and be driving around in a BMW. No believing you.

It's pretty sad that my life is so boring that I can't stand needing to go to work, but frankly, it's the most happening thing I've got going on and I've "spent" all of my ideas last night between the food and the movie.

No comments: