Tuesday, August 23, 2011

What a happening day. I had to run out for an appointment across town, so I pinged Miss Angela for lunch - and what great fortune - she was able to escape her slave driver for an hour. So, we got to sit and chat a bit and scarf at the Village Street Cafe. For dinner I had the fortune of receiving a text message from eL-eL which led me for sushi, which I haven't had in quite a while - I've been a very good girl in terms of not eating out a lot.

I'm sure when I said it was a happening day you said "really, what's shakin?" ah, yes, pun intended... so we supposedly had an earthquake reach us here today. I didn't feel a thing. I sat in the one portion of a lab upstairs and heard a couple of guys in from out of town saying "what was that? was that an earthquake?" to which I pointed out that the floor often shakes when someone walks down the hallways. They insisted that no, that's not what they felt. I just thought they were nuts, but then I got a message from someone in the other building saying "did you feel that?!" Ceiling tiles fell? Cube walls swaying? I think they're all a bit nuts. There just is no way. I think the most credible confirmation was hearing the woman in the bathroom stall down from me on the phone talking about it. Um, yea, gross lady. I guess the government is in on this conspiracy too since they have it up on the USGS's website and all. That's okay... my mind will firmly stay in a state (metaphysical and geographic) that does NOT HAVE EARTHQUAKES.

No comments: