Sunday, August 21, 2011

I've really been lazy recently. I just can't find the motivation to do anything (clean, get on the treadmill, cook). I did actually make something Friday night and I am so proud of how it turned out. I had several green peppers here and no idea what to do with them. Green peppers tend to 'repeat' on me, but I got lucky on this meal. First I broiled them to a beautiful black top, then sliced them up and put them into an adhoc soup concoction of tomatoes, freshly roasted garlic, chicken, fresh dill, and fresh parsley. It turned out a major yum. I was so proud of it I made sure to head to visit mom yesterday and take her some to show off. How funny is it that her cooking plans for the day were for a tomato-pepper soup too. Just because she uses green beans in hers, mine wins.

I think I'll make some chicken-carrot soup tonight to use up some chicken that needs cooked. Now, if I get cooking and throw the sheets in the wash, maybe I can get myself moving on some other things.

As an aside, I gotta mention something that peeved me a bit the other day. I ran in to pick up some donuts for the crew at work one morning last week. I watched as the couple in front of me ordered. Well, she ordered her drink the way she wanted it and then walked off, leaving him to pay. Seriously? Quit being mooches women. Why carry that big (ugly in this case) purse on your shoulder if you don't have money to cover yourself inside?

No comments: