Wednesday, June 01, 2011

Color me lucky as hell. Yesterday I got the indicator that I could upgrade my cell phone to Android 2.1. FINALLY! After some playing and searching for answers I learned that AT&T had blocked the ability to download non-market apps... this includes the backup software that Sony Ericsson offered. None of the data I had on my computer was lost (music, photos, backgrounds) but it sure decided to drop all of my contacts. Thanks for preventing me from saving that data AT&T.

So, last night I fretted myself to sleep. Today I found my car charger for the old phone at least, and was on the way to and from work able to charge it enough to see that I didn't foolishly delete my contacts. So, this afternoon I saved my butt by pushing them back over to the newer phone. I've only lost a handful of contacts that were added in the past few months. If you know I added (or re-added) you in the past 6 months, txt me your name to make sure I still have your digits.

BTW, Android 2.1 comes with the backup software and a real calendar that does not require me to connect to Google/online.

No comments: