Monday, November 29, 2010

Sunday's party was on O'Connor Street - a road that was walked an innumerable number of times many many moons ago. There's the spot that Satin bit the head off that flower, there's the spot that Satin snagged that bird and killed it, there's the spot I remember Vixen as a puppy straining forward in my arms to catch up with Satin and dahdee. While I want to appreciate 'the memories', sometimes I could truly do with less reminders.

Today I was reminded how much I hate the holidays thanks to men. I do appreciate the warning I was given, but it doesn't make for a good Saturday regardless. I spent a good chunk of the day trying to focus on work while feeling like crap about myself. Normally when I feel like crap I am an eater but today I felt driven to haul this ol' fat ass to the gym for the first time in months. So to the gym I went and logged an hour on the treadmill. I admit, it did lift my spirits somewhat and removed the burning desire to write the "why did you destroy me?" email. It helped that while there the guy w/ the Paulie nose got on the treadmill next to me. Those are some memories I'll take an extra serving of, please.

While I do feel better I did want to kick myself a bit when I got home. I was to use the tub instead of the shower due to some fresh mud that we didn't want to get wet. Let me tell you how much easier it is to get a bath when the drain actually seals shut properly... yea, he'll need to fix that tomorrow. But I do think I got most of the ugly off regardless.

No comments: