Sunday, October 10, 2010

The weather has been so incredibly nice this weekend! I know there isn't much pleasant to expect left, so I took advantage. Friday I had to tend to a craving for wings. At the last minute I was spared the pity of being out alone on a Friday night with thanks to Lori and C... Jack. Haven't seen them in a little while so it made the evening extra nice.

Had a purse party Saturday - and after I headed out front to pull some plants and get some bulbs in the ground. Did a pretty good job wearing myself out and ended up crashing early Saturday night. For whatever reason the power zapped out Friday night AND Saturday night at some point. Not sure what the deal is. Luckily both times I woke and noted the flashing clock so I could reset it and the alarm.

I didn't get much done around the house today as I probably should have, instead I enjoyed some time with the girls and readied myself for the Hootenanny at a leisurely pace. You can always pick out the person who doesn't get to go to a lot of shows... that would be the gal without earplugs. Yup, that's me. I'm ringing like crazy right now. Shame on me.

The Murderdolls were tolerable, not going to run out and buy their album by any stretch.

Cooper - it has been what, 22 years since I was first exposed to his music? At last I saw him live. He remains quite the showman. I know I haven't a show from 30 years ago to compare it to, but I think he was motoring around better than I expect to when I'm 62. I admit, I peeked online ahead of time to see what the set list may be, and I was excited to get to hear Cold Ethel live. The only way it could have been more satisfying is if Stephen was added to the list.

Zombie - a good show as expected, he is also a master of showmanship, but I wonder a little if he's jumping an odd shark. What's up with the robotic type elements? It seems odd and wrong to not have the chicks dancing to tell you the truth. I could have gone a lifetime without seeing the carpenter crack he was sporting at the end of the show. I'm just sayin. There was so much fire in the show I was sweating up a storm during his set. I hope there is still ice under those boards.

No comments: