Sunday, August 29, 2010

Stepped out of my comfort zone this weekend. It was huge for me to accept this invite since I'm a bit of a social retard, but this weekend I packed up to head to the burgh to camp out and a bonfire. Ok, that sounds pretty normal, but you've got to realize, I was invited through facebook by a high school friend that I haven't seen since back then. More bizarre is that the bonfire was hosted by someone I haven't seen since he moved away back in junior high. I mean, we rode the school van to elementary school together! It's so amusing how some mannerisms and voice patterns don't change even after all this time and through the aging process.

All said it was a calm and relaxing weekend. Not only was there smores and ginormous marshmallows to be had but there was a totally clear sky and perfect weather to sit by the campfire. It was a good time and I'm truly glad I went.

As for today, I headed back, cleaned up, and loaded two of the three to head to see mom for a few. Little did I know she'd have a whole herd there. Did get some good grub out of the trip, but I am exhausted from the weekend. At least the tylenol and excedrin I downed earlier today tamed the headache that was brewing from all of the sun. Do I really gotta go back to work already tomorrow?

No comments: