Thursday, July 01, 2010

I'm back from Milwaukee. I know I didn't really mention it on here yet, but what idiot broadcasts to the world when they'll be away? Anyhow, I attended my first lia sophia conference. Left Friday evening, spending the night in the burgh after dinner with Slips, and then flew out Saturday. I had a good but tiring time. It was nice to get to know some of the other reps better but the best part was seeing the new fall/winter jewelry! I'm psyched – enough said about that. They gave us three pieces during the course of the couple days, so the trip pretty much paid for itself. Thank goodness for low cost flights!

I was pleasantly surprised with the city. It was pretty clean, brightly lit, easy to move around, and I felt safe. The down falls were exceedingly poor service in most ever restaurant and the long lines and periodic rudeness associated with a whole pile of crazy jewelry ladies running amok. I do return with lots of enthusiasm and ideas, now if I can just find the time to make them manifest!

I got a call about another uncle passing away while I was gone, so this evening was at a viewing in Altoona. Rest in peace uncle Jerry. He wasn't sick prior, but had had some issues for an extended period of time and seemed pretty down in the dumps due to his limited mobility the last I saw him.

I also came back to a huge ass bill from the ear nose and throat doctor that I went to for the whole allergy issue. *sigh* Remind me why we pay for insurance again? Suffice it to say I think my deductible for the year is now met, so I'll be looking for other ways to use my insurance as much as possible between now and December. See how that backfires on you, insurance companies?

No comments: