Sunday, January 03, 2010

Happy birthday dear SAFFY! One year ago today my cuddle bug aka Saffaroo Kangerpuppy came home with us. Since she was guestimated to be about a year already we just called it her birthday, thus making her two today. It's been a busy one... we got up early for a weekend day and cleaned off the car to head to Petco for birthday gift shopping. Saffy picked out a couple cow toys and a peanut butter filled bone. Since we returned I kept her little coat on her as it's cold as the dickens out today. Just how cold _is_ "the dickens" you might ask? Well "3" sounds like a reasonable number, no? You know it's cold when siberian huskies don't want to stay outside for more than the time it takes to potty much less the length of my shower.

We did some more cleaning and putting away of holiday items today in order to make ready for the Laws who are coming to wrap up Christmas with us this evening. We originally talked about bringing Buster to wear him out, but given the cold that will have to hold for another day.

I took the opportunity to throw together a few little munchies. While not from all fresh goodies, as per my normal recipe, I did make some salsa to go with some Harry and David chips I bought on my last trip to the outlets. I've been itching to dig into them. I also made some brownies with caramel crunch on top, and of course a fruity tequila-based beverage to go with the aforementioned salsa. In addition I also made some meatballs and sauce and will be enjoying a plate of spagetti in just a short while.

I wish I had this much motivation every day. 'scuse me, I have meatballs calling my name.

No comments: