Tuesday, December 08, 2009

It has been an amazingly productive day. I just couldn't bear the thought of getting up and going into work for a slow day. Instead I emailed to call off and played hooky getting things crossed off of my to do list. Not only did I get the tree up with gifts around the bottom and the related boxes all back upstairs, but I also unpacked the artwork so those boxes could hit the trash pile, vacuumed, finished two loads of laundry and by finished I mean it's even away at this point as is another load that was sitting from a previous day's laundry efforts.

Heck, I even started moving things out of the smaller spare room upstairs so I can get my butt in gear and get the second spare bed set up. This is part of the purging process that needs to occur. I know I'll never have a yard sale, so I'll sort - some things will hit ebay at some point, but a majority of it will just get hauled to good will or the Salvation Army, I could use a write off as much as I can use the theraputic value of having that mess eliminated.

I also ran and picked up labels so I can print out addresses for my christmas cards, once that's implemented it should speed up the process in future years. Snagged stamps too, so now I have no excuse to not finish writing up the cards and get them in the mail. I just finished a shower and it's only 5pm, now keep in mind, I did roll back over for a little while, so I didn't start my efforts until near noon.

My reward is sushi and a couple drinks. Maybe I'll even get started on those cards!

No comments: