Tuesday, December 01, 2009

For having things slow down at work it was a surprisingly frustrating day. This is going to be one long ass rant. I guess I'm overdue for one of those – sit tight!

I had to head home for the afternoon to meet the DirecTV guy (that's another story) so I tried to return a call from FedEx who announced their need to have someone sign for a package to see if they could do it today. If I haven't said it before, I hate FedEx. People, please stop shipping through them. You pay them to deliver things right? Well they don't, they just create a huge PITA situation every time. No, I can't be there waiting around at my house for you. Just put the shit on the porch – or, leave a paper today, I'll sign it, you leave the shit tomorrow. But, nooooo. I say I tried to return a call because, despite my loathing of the telephone, I tried calling him back at least 15 times (at the number he provided) where it just rang and rang and rang. I eventually caught him and the truck was already out for the day... without my stuff.

Now, as to DirecTV, I called yesterday because I still had not received the equipment I was expecting after calling them over two weeks ago to address the fact that I didn't have locals and their advertising said locals come with every plan. Hrmph. Well, turns out the chic a few weeks ago didn't NEED to change my plan, so I had no reason to lose NGC and a few other channels I watch regularly. Also, there was no order showing in their system, so here I was already getting charged for this other, more expensive plan, without the equipment to actually get the locals I was now paying for. As it turns out, I can keep my plan (which they switched me back to) and instead of getting just the new dish and one new receiver, now I am getting a new dish and BOTH receivers replaced and w/ HD receivers. Go figure since I just bought a new remote for the one off of ebay. Regardless, this is a potential grump situation resolved nicely.

Next up, Chase/JP Morgan and their stupid ass inability to process mortgage payments. Seriously, why do I need to call you every month to straighten things out when I am sending you more than my monthly mortgage payment. They consistently get my payment sent with plenty of time and consistently manage to receive and process it late. Just my two cents, but with stellar performance like that, it already seems like the government is running the banks.

That's on top of things still lingering on on one project with little information and another woohoo let's just change what we said we'd do again for shits and giggles. I was up late last night working on the gift and am still far from done. Then I had a small panic this morning realizing it was officially December and I don't even have my Christmas cards started. I really do dislike the pressures from 101 different directions around this time of year. Be aware, when my mom is gone you won't be getting a Christmas card anymore, you'll just get an email from somewhere in the Caribbean.

BAH FRIGGIN HUMBUG!

I'm trying to get in the right spirit though. It hit me today about the dogs' toys - yes, they have a ton. But I peeked at the humane society's website and yes, they'll take toys! So in the spirit of giving the girls and I dumped everything out in the dining room and stuffed a LARGE bag with dang near new looking toys that were never their favorites. We also pulled out the christmas toys so I am again hearing "ho ho ho... meeeeeerry christmas" and "oh christmas tree oh christmas tree how lovely are your branches!"

No comments: