Wednesday, November 19, 2008

2 glasses of whine:
First, I gave in and stopped at Dunkin Donuts this morning. Nice tall cup of coffee with lots of cream and sugar, perfect. I also ordered my peanut butter filled powdered donut. Keep in mind that this is the one key element missing from the DD in NC that baffled me. So I ordered apprehensively asking "do you have", and the drive-thru jockey responded with an affirmative. So I pull up and pay, snag my coffee and penny change. A few seconds later she turns the corner w/ a bag that looked a bit off to me and she says "we were out of the peanut butter filled, so we gave you two of our gob donuts with peanut butter filling, is that okay?" Sure, I'm not going to complain, "OUT" is better than "we don't make" and it still has pb filling, right? ... and they gave me two!

Yeah. Now I'm unsatisfied, unsatiated, unsated, and all other words with the same disappointing meaning. So their "gob" is a chocolate cake donut w/ the white glaze sliced in half w/ the smallest amount of peanut butter filling sealing it back together. BOO! At least the coffee is good.

Now for my glass of merlot for any remaining tears (after the dd fiasco) to fall into... I am starting to get the feeling that even things that seem to be so very different from other things are never quite distinct. Underneath it all the same distractions become a factor. But yet it seems that those with such distractions are the only option.

Worse still most options often suffer from something I call the Leonard effect. If I'm nice they're not, if I'm not they are... it's an annoying counterbalance.

No comments: