Tuesday, September 16, 2008

Quebec City

The day started early, so for the first time ever I used room service to get breakfast and then we were out and off on our only shore excursion. We picked this because we both definitely wanted to see Montmorency Falls, which is 90 ft taller than Niagra. It was very pretty, but the water was quite dirty brown. From there our tour went to the basilica of Sainte Anne de Beaupre (Mary's mother). This church is so very ornate and beautiful. I bought a few items for mother as a small gift from my trip and had them blessed on site.

When we headed back from the tour we headed into Quebec City on foot taking in new and old Quebec. I found my Canada sweatshirt that I was eyeing and a lanyard and we headed for lunch at Le Creperie by taking the funicular. Good stuff! We split an asparagus and white sauce crepe and a ham and cheese crepe and then had a chocolate/banana crepe for desert. Of course, I had to have a liter of cider with my lunch. The funicular is like a little baby sized version of our inclined plane, but it did save us from taking the stairs up!

Everything in Quebec was very European and so comfy. I could have spent a great deal longer there and enjoyed myself. Our feet were a bit sore when we returned to the ship so this time we submerged our entire selves into the whirlpool.

No comments: