Tuesday, September 09, 2008

On my way to work I was thinking and I realized that my first instinct was not panic about the basement when the rain started last night! Of course the second I start to discount the evil that is large amounts of rain I get a quick reminder.

First at the light on Donald Lane, which is where I turned sideways on wet roads when I had the Stratus, some moron slams on their brakes because the light went yellow and I skidded to a stop behind them. I may have had two inches to spare. You know you get that really dizzy and queasy feeling when you narrowly avoid something bad? Yeah big time. Then, I get into the parking lot and see the muddy river. Hey, thanks Lockheed. Three cheers for engineers. These little tiny overflow pools? Seriously people, it's Johnstown, it RAINS here. If the hole isn't deep enough to hide 20 bodies and keep them hidden w/o being covered it isn't deep enough to handle a real rain storm. Ok, I'm exaggerating... 15 bodies.

No comments: