Thursday, September 18, 2008

Halifax, Nova Scotia

We headed to the maritime museum, but were a bit disappointed. Don't get me wrong, it was nice as far as museums go, but we had expected more on Titanic. Halifax seems like quite the nice place. We walked the boardwalk, headed to the public gardens which were lovely, had a beavers tail (it's a little like funnel cake), and found yet another Cows ice cream location. We tried taking the FRED (free bus) which was convenient, but jammed and had tinted windows, so you couldn't even cheat and use it as a quick tour.

I found a cherry amber ring and pendant while in Halifax that I picked up and also snagged a local bottle of ice wine. That evening Slips and I acted as the two female team leaders for the Quest and our team took 2nd place. I think we were robbed - the cruise director didn't like our team for some reason. We also hit the dance club (the Chamber) on this evening for some 70s and 80s tunes. I really dug the Chamber, it is what it sounds like - very medival looking.

No comments: