Sunday, July 27, 2008

Whew, my feetsez are pooped. Saturday was the official tri-birthday celebration, and what do us gals do well? Shop. We headed to Ligonier shortly after noon and had lunch at the Ivy Cafe. The menu sounded very promising and the place was very cute, but I think we were all mildly disappointed with our food and ditzy service. It was a bit warm for me, but strolling the streets, quaint shops, and crafty booths was worth feeling a little sweaty. I didn't buy much in Ligonier, but I did warm up a bit as we moved on to Pier One, the Westmoreland mall, and Burlington before dinner at Olive Garden.

I was a reasonably good girl, I did buy a slice of chocolate tie mousse cake, but I brought it home - and it made for quite the energizing lunch this morning. On a bit of a sugar buzz I headed out for my routine stops with more of a desire/focus for Christmas ideas. Yes, I know it's early, but I find this the best way to Christmas shop - keep the eyes peeled until something jumps at you.

Value City, Big Lots, Ollies, and up to the mall. I'm tired. Gratefully, window shopping online doesn't require feet, so I think I'll do a little of that as I have a few other ideas for the holidays that I'd like to get on order and out of the way. With the ceiling fan on and a couple of the newer bedroom windows open I am basking in the perfect breeze while I type. Couple this with my thoughts of pleasure in my current station in life while leaving work the other day and all I can say is things are good. How often do I announce THAT on my blog?

No comments: