Thursday, April 10, 2008

Moxham, glowing embers, and fond feelings... that was last evening rolled into my standard trifecta. So I was headed to grab grub at the Bouley, since I had the perfect excuse of visiting Ms. Sophie and I see the huge column of gray smoke as I headed down Ohio street. My first thought, as it has been a long time fear of mine for my fuzzy girls, is that this is of course in Mork's place. As I get further down the hill I realize the smoke is more straight ahead and my heart sinks further, oh no, what about the soon to be location of Prime Design Solutions! Ugh.

Long story short it was coming from the right street, but the wrong building - thank goodness! I eased my mind with two cherry cheesecake martinis and the company of Rex, in case anyone is wondering *smile* and got back to the tasks at hand.

So as I am out strolling with Ms. Sophie and the sun is dimming from the sky I started to wish that my place was instead in Moxham. Sure we looked at places there, and they were less expensive, but it wasn't where we ended up. Is the crime higher? Perhaps - but it feels more like "home", the houses are closer together and remind me of walking the streets in Altoona. As an added "touch of home" bonus there were all kinds of dinner smells wafting in the air, perhaps because the weather is finally nice enough to toss open a door and enjoy the breeze.

Today the sun is out and it is bright and comfortable. The girls did NOT want to come back in this morning - so hopefully they'll behave outside for the day. They can tell me how nice it was, since I am stuck in a dark corner with the closest window a several minute walk away.

No comments: