Monday, March 03, 2008

I love my mother. I do. Really. I just wish she could be the one I could call when I am frustrated or irritated - and just dump. Maybe she'd say nothing, maybe she'd have words of wisdom. Either way I know I wouldn't hang up feeling even worse because she made frustrating points about my current grump and brought up OTHER friggin issues that are currently relevant in my life.

So, I hauled over to try and order the new bed rails for my existing frame - because, as we learned a while back, Young American Furniture STILL had the bed my ex and I bought what... 11 years ago? Well, their lackluster enthusiasm to help me this evening and responses of "we order from this book" had me leaving without having placed an order and rather downtrodden. I had decided... I was getting a new frame/rails and this bed would live on in my master bedroom until I was ready to dump the cash to order a queen size set with a new matress and all at which time it would retire to the spare bedroom. Now my game plan is trashed. So yes, I left sad. I just wanted a little comfort which I couldn't get with a telephone call... so instead of finishing overdue grading I sat and had a few drinks at the Corners. Thanks D for lifting my spirits in many ways.

Gratefully I have a theraputic massage scheduled for tomorrow - I can at least release some of the tension from my neck, shoulder, and arm. Wednesday the Durango goes for routine maintenance, and there is just a little while longer to end the week... I can make it. Really I can. The weather is up into the 60s after the near-foot of friggin snow we got the other day. Why am I so inexplicably stressed on a Monday?!

No comments: