Thursday, January 31, 2008

Shocking as it is - I have everything I need to do my taxes as of today. Unfortunately, I have no clue what gives. At first I thought perhaps I crossed a tax bracket, but it's looking like a combination of making a little more on the rental, having less in mortgage interest, and giving less to charity burned me this year.

Ok, it could be much much worse, I look like I'll get approximately $10 back from the government - which is a wash once you account for e-filing fees. I don't owe, I should be happy... but let's keep in mind I have BOTH of my employers withholding EXTRA from each paycheck.

The major shitter is that, it is highly likely that while I didn't change brackets in 2007, I probably will in 2008, which will cost me even more in taxes. Wah! I was so hoping for a return.

I guess it's time to go make some cookies for Saturday. I did come up with some other side dishes to prepare.

No comments: