Sunday, December 09, 2007

I am back, have been since late afternoon Saturday. Got the girls immediately and headed home and started through the post vaca wrap up (unpacking, going through mail, laundry, yadda yadda).

A few other things from my vaca that deserve a bit of a rant or discussion:
1). Woman w/ the chuckie car: I know I do NOT want to cut this chic off. I saw the chuckie doll looking up over the dash from the passenger side when she was behind me and the bride of chuckie doll hanging out the rear passenger window when she passed me. The huge "wanna play" sticker on the back window was the finishing touch.

2). Big butt mannequins: It's well known that the population as a whole thinks women should be obscenely skinny and they use unrealistic mannequins. Ok, even in the stores that are more targeted towards blacks as opposed to whites have obscenely thin mannequins in the windows, but they have bigger butts. How damn funny is that? I do have ghetto booty, so I am allowed to talk about these things. I love it!

3). Santa vs. Jesus: While in the Shake and Stake I sat near a mom, her two kids, and the grandmother. The mother used the threat of Santa for a half an hour straight to get the kids to behave. Ok, this is a common act for parents desperate for a moment's peace, but it made me giggle. Why? Because recently I told the "make the baby Jesus cry" story to a friend. Why is it that I find my relatives telling their grandchildren that their acts are making the baby Jesus cry so damn funny but yet the threat of Santa's opinion is commonplace. Isn't that a bit backwards?!

Today I made a run to Wolfs and picked out a new TV/Entertainment center. The one I have now is just way too huge for the living room and out of place. With the room ready to come together this week it just felt like a good idea.

No comments: