Sunday, October 21, 2007

When hockey season starts, it starts at 100mph. Friday I got to head out of work a bit early and get on the road to pburgh with "87" to see the Canes take on the Pens. I was very pleased with my version of cheap seats - third row, two seats away from the Canes entry. This has to have been one of the better NHL games I've been to. Constant motion back and forth, went through overtime and into the shootout, and the first 5 shoot out attempts were made - no pressure Whitney! Unfortunately, all said and done the Canes lost by that one attempt. Either way it was a good time, and nice to chill a bit, escape from work, and talk a little more - even if some conversations leave me wondering.

This morning I slept in a bit and then updated the website. Mid-day I got the call from Casey that he and Vanessa's baby boy has arrived. Congrats to them and welcome to Dylan Andrew!

From there it was time to get ready for dinner with Beff and another Chiefs game - this time against Reading and another loss. The Chiefs started out looking pretty good but things shifted and tending went downhill taking us from being ahead to a deficit.

Late this evening I quickly realized how abnormal some things are. If you wanted to call someone and the number you had ended up (hopefully) wrong what would that leave you thinking? Would you just think "that's odd", think the worst that you were given a bad number, or would you just quickly realize that it's your own fault for never pressing the use of the dated mode of communication that the telephone is?

No comments: