Wednesday, October 03, 2007

Tonight I made a grocery store run with an attempt to get healthier and lower calorie foods. I am back on the wagon and doing well so far. I need to get more time in my days however so I can get on the elliptical or walk the dogs, but at least I started somewhere and my mind is in the place it needs to be to make a change again.

Didn't get into the living room to work today, but I did get this week's materials dealt with for my class, and handled 4 more telephone calls. Last night my phone was blowing up too. What gives?! At work I keep getting IM after IM to the point of driving me a bit beyond the edge so I'm itching for a bit of silence. Perhaps I'll spend an evening out for dinner with a book to treat myself on my "day off" that I will allow myself from my pseudo-diet.

Anyhow, one call had my sister telling me that mother was sick again recently. Why doesn't SHE tell me these things? I just talked to her yesterday. Turns out they decided to put her on oxygen and now they're waiting for her information to get to a new doctor since her old one left the area. She's been on blood pressure medication for a little while now. Clearly the symptoms she's mentioned could be related. Long story short she is not getting enough oxygen in her blood when she walks up stairs and the like. *sigh* Mum isn't getting any younger, that's for sure.

Another call brought another male option number into the spectrum. I've been awaiting a call from "5" for a few days. So named for "pleading the fifth" which relates to him in a round-about way. It's a bit of a fix up as a friend's sister decided this could be a good match. Since that kind of thing NEVER happens to me (and I have bitched that some friends constantly had people offering to fix them up with someone) I figured the least I can do is talk to the guy, right? Perhaps we'll catch up at some point and get to know each other a little more.

One thing I've neglected to mentioned is that I felt froggy the other day and bought a bright red Roomba! I am eager to see how well it works. The reviews with regard to dog hair look promising, I guess we'll see. I was so excited that I actually dreamt about the thing the night I ordered it!

With that it's already near 10pm!

No comments: