Tuesday, September 18, 2007

I fought for equality and lost. Somehow I already knew I had lost, but I had sincerely hoped that maybe reason was capable of making a bit of a change. I very recently had a related discussion w/ a friend about equality with relation to gender and I tell you equality exists in no way, shape, or form. Your gender, the way you look, who you are, all of it shapes how fairly you are treated. If some twat decides they don't like you or feel the need to squeal on you for something they don't like in an "anonymous" manner they get to - and because they're a royal bitch with no balls to discuss things with you face to face you lose.

This has been the story of my life since 7th grade, when our school rebelled to wear shorts (yes, one day long ago students weren't allowed to wear shorts). I joined in the rebellion on the last day of school and sat in in school suspension while the little cheerleaders continued to roam the halls in their way too short shorts. Equality?

In Archery House, when Delta Chi decided to sneak into our lobby and steal everything they could get their hands on (mind you they were seen walking into their side door w/ things in their hands and a trail of footprints in the snow)... did campus security handle it fairly when they said "mmm, no, we don't see anything there that is yours"?

Yet they wonder why the continuously outcast are so angry.

No comments: