Thursday, August 16, 2007

Post 1000! *horns, whistles, tinsel, and confetti*

I can easily post on all three topics to bring this blog back to it's roots - a few new signings for the Chiefs, some yummy desert at 4 corners last night (or perhaps I could stretch the term cake to include the South Side's stuffed pretzels to cover tonight).

But here is the kicker... I come home today to find Ms. Danika waiting at the top of the stairs. *whaaaa??* Sure, Satin busted free from her crate several times but I never thought I'd find a dog as smart never mind strong as an ox. When Satin escaped the door swung open as though she just squeezed the levers and tada, not Danika... she brute force pulled the door IN... doesn't sound impressive, but it is. I remember watching the ex try to recreate pulling the door open with little success this 41lb soaking wet, scrawny, fuzzy-ball pulled the door in, over the two bumps and strong enough to force the latches out of the notches on the top and bottom. Gratefully she didn't destroy anything in the basement while free but I guess this makes the puppy-proofing of the basement all the more urgent of a need. She is bit extra tired now, and not even interested in her dinner - mayhap the effort wore her out and she'll behave while I'm at SSS.

No comments: