Thursday, May 17, 2007

So there was this guy... way back when I was in school. Ok, it wasn't that long ago (stop laughing). As we all know, when I am smitten, I am so smitten. Needless to say the typical pattern played out even then - he, of course, had a girlfriend. We hung out though, and it was all kosher too we studied together and I learned I had a penchant for teaching.

Then, another showed interest (as it is now it was then - rare that I would find shared interest). So, I started dating what is now my long term ex, and JUST as that relationship was blossoming this guy ends up splitting with his girlfriend. Go freaking figure. Well needless to say, I have no clue if there was interest there from his side, probably not, but I can dream, right? Well, I've re-connected with that guy (after all these years). If you haven't seen someone in a very long time is it wrong to feel your heart break a wee bit when you find out someone is married and has kids? Perhaps it is merely sybolism of the unknown being put to rest instead of some foolish concept of ongoing possibilities. This was a truly sweet guy, how could he NOT be taken at this stage in our lives? It was still nice to read some enthusiasm in the greeting.

No comments: