Tuesday, June 06, 2006

So Judy, what did you do today? Well dear reader today I actually hauled out of work for my lunch hour and went to swim for the first time in an eon over at the campus. My 1000 yard workout is a far cry from my distances of past, and I used flippers for part of the ordeal, but I'm happy I went. I feel like I've actually broken a long withstanding mold. I didn't feel like I was floundering in the water, which is what I expected. I guess I likened swimming and playing musical instruments together - I know I'm horrid at this point with the flute, I haven't even tried the sax in years. Maybe someday I'll get brave. For now, just being able to lap the older folks in the neighboring lanes gave me the little boost I needed.

After work some grub and a movie. Do you have to ask what I headed out to see? But of course, the Omen. If I ever saw the original it was many years ago and I don't remember it. Either way, not bad. I only got a minor jump out of it, so in that measure it was a bit disappointing. Entertaining, but I remain wondering why they didn't beat the snot out of the brat when he acted up.

From here, time to take my notes for this week's assignment and to do some research to see what comes up. I should be able to get to a place where I can still watch the game tomorrow night, but it's time to get on it.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Upon further reflection (wow, did you get this entry up quickly), I have decided to rate The Omen as a straight B. It might have rated higher if I wasn't such a fan of the original... and if they actually had beat the snot out of that kid. The first kid was just so perfect... and of course the soundtrack on the first one kicked so much ascot that it defined the very concept of evil... oh, and it wasn't all lovey-dovey (perhaps this one wasn't either, but relative to the original it certainly seemed that way).

Anywho, have fun with that homework... :)

- B