Saturday, May 20, 2006

The theme for the past 24-hours was "motivated". At this point I don't even feel remotely guilty for sitting here on the couch watching the tube and typing away. Last night, after catching a drink w/ Davey and Beck I came back and actually climbed on the eliptical trainer for 20 minutes. I was hurting and out of breath by the end of those 20 minutes, so shame on me, but I did it. Then I started planning for my Saturday morning.

Today I got up and implemented my plan, which was a re-arrangement of my bedroom in the midst of a nice spring cleaning with washed curtains and scrubbed down walls. I like it. I've never had the bedroom configured in any other way than the previous. So this is a welcome change. Back in college Heffer and I were notorious for re-arranging every month or so. I guess it's a nice way to feel something "new". It's also a hell of a workout. Thank goodness for those little "for sale on TV" items called "moving men".

From there I did some light cleaning throughout the rest of the downstairs, vaccuuming and cleaning off the stove. Then I started dinner. Motivated to cook! Can you believe it? I am going to be doing that a bit more often in an effort to save some money, cut back on my caloric intake, and to use up the stockpile of food in my freezer and cabinets.

The Canes lost their first match up against the Sabres today. *boo* I am an idiot for missing the game, I forgot how early it was scheduled.

Back to the drink from Friday evening... I needed way more than one after late afternoon angst build up. My work attitude is becoming less than glimmering thanks to starting to look around and seeing where everyone else stands with their current years of employment vs their staffing level. I can't blame things on discrepancies with regard to male/female treatment, but somedays I wonder. I really try to jump through hoops. I do the documentation, I do the testing... I take on the crap that the other "software engineers" refuse to do or blow off, I try to manage things, and get the business aspects down... but yet I fall behind the others who whine the minute they are not tasked with pure coding tasking. Maybe it is because I won't allow the theft of my personal time to put in 80 hour work weeks ignoring family and friends. But I still maintain that I get my job done in 40-45 hours. If getting promoted hinges upon just having 70 hour work weeks anyone can falsify that. It's not the hours worked, it's the quality of the work and the completeness of it. Cut and dry, I know I get it done. So where is the problem here?

No comments: